Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheesy Broccoli Patties

I was on Pinterest the other day and saw a picture titled Cheezy Broccoli Fritters.  They looked delicious, but the recipe that went with them didn't sound too great (even though I'm a vegetarian I'm suspect of anything that calls for hemp seeds).  I decided to create the recipe that I imagined when I saw that photo.  Here's what I came up with...

2 boxes frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
canola oil, for frying

Mix broccoli and cannellini beans in a large bowl.  Use a potato masher to smoosh the beans and broccoli together.  Stir in egg.  Add cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.  Use your hands to form patties about 3/4 inch thick and 2 1/2 inches across.  You should end up with 15 or 16 patties.

Heat oil in skillet.  Place patties in pan and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, or until browned.  You'll need to do this in two batches.  Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment